Silverlining Research ApS respects the privacy of our customers, employees and business partners personal data and information.
Articles stated in this privacy notice refer to Regulation (EU) No 2016/679 of the European Parliament and the Council and the Personal Data Processing Act. Furthermore, it supports Silverlining Research ApS complying with the ethical guidelines for analytical companies adopted by ESOMAR, the industry organization of companies working within market research.
This Privacy Notice was last updated 20.01.2021.
1. Data Protection Officer
You can contact our Data Protection Officer if you need guidance on using your rights or if you have any questions about Silverlining Research ApS’s processing of personal data.
You can contact our Data Protection Officer:
Bjarke Thordal Bøgeskov
Tel +45 4019 2060
We process different types of data about you, depending on whether you are a participant in a survey, employee, job applicant, partner or customer.
In some instances, we process personal data on behalf of public authorities, interest organizations or companies, in these cases we are data processors processing the data collected and stored by these entities. In other instances, we collect personal data ourselves and, in such cases, we are the data controller.
3. Partners and customers
As a client or as a potential client, Silverlining Research ApS may process personal data to provide consultancy services or to conclude or fulfil an agreement we have entered into with you or the organisation that you represent.
In this regard, Silverlining Research ApS may process personal data such as name, email, phone number, mail conversations, address, and other contact details, job title, job position, CV and personal data contained therein as well as information about our business relations.
The personal data is received from you directly, from the organisation that you represent and or from any other party that may be associated herewith.
4. Employees and Applicants
If you are a Silverlining Research ApS employee, we only process the data about you that is necessary regarding your employment relationship and to fulfil our statutory obligations, like paying your salary or processing vacation requests.
If you apply for a position in Silverlining Research ApS, we will not process any further data than is necessary to evaluate your application, and we will only keep your data for a limited period if you do not get the job.
4.1 Types of data
In connection with recruitment or employment, we may process the following data about you:
- Name, address, telephone, e-mail
- Criminal record (if required for recruitment)
- Degrees / Diplomas
- Social Security Number
- Potentially trade union membership (if relevant)
- Other information relevant to the recruitment
During employment and in connection with terminations, in addition to the above information, we may process the following data:
- Health Information
- Holiday Information
- Maternity/paternity leave
- Other information relevant to the employment
We will not disclose your information to any third party if you are applying for a job. Similarly, we do not disclose data about our employees without their consent. However, we disclose information that is legally required, including in the following cases:
Data on employees is disclosed to public authorities in cases where we are required by law to share your information, for example, with tax authorities or others in connection with your employment relationship.
Data is disclosed to private persons in connection with your employment relationship, e.g. pension funds.
4.3 Deletion and storage
We always keep relevant personal data for 5 years for accounting laws, including information on payroll and other information about the employment. Also, we keep personal data for a longer period, if there is any other legislation that imposes storage.
We only store job applications we have received for a period of up to 6 months.
5. Survey Participants
We only deal with the information about you that is necessary to achieve the purpose of the survey. If you participate in one of our analyses, such as a telephone interview or a panel before a parliamentary election, we always seek to minimize the data we collect for our survey, by only processing the information, and asking the questions relevant to the analysis.
Participation in our studies is always voluntary and is based on informed consent. We always tell you the purpose of the survey and do not process your data if you do not want to attend.
Also, you decide which and what kind of information you want to provide. It is important for Silverlining Research ApS that you participate voluntarily in our studies and that you have a positive experience without feeling pressured.
You are always free to withdraw your consent if you regret participating in a survey. If this is the case, please contact the Data Protection Officer.
5.1 Types of data
In connection with our surveys, we always provide information about what categories of personal data we are processing if any. All surveys are different, so we collect different data types according to the purpose of the survey.
We may process these types of personal data in connection with surveys:
- Name, address, phone number, to get in touch with you if needed.
- Social Security Number, legally provided through an application by the Data Inspectorate or from the Social Security Number Registry, in cases where we conduct the survey on behalf of a public authority or as part of a project in the public interest.
Also, we process the data you provide in connection with participation in our surveys.
If you participate in a survey, you will always be informed as to whether your participation is 100% anonymous, whether only Silverlining Research ApS employees know your identity or whether your responses are shared with others. By doing this, we make are sure that you can give your informed consent to the processing of your personal data
Also, we disclose information in the following cases:
- In cases where we survey on behalf of a data controller, we may be legally or contractually bound to disclose the responses you provide. You will always be informed in advance on whether your information is being disclosed.
5.3 Deletion and storage
Silverlining Research ApS deletes or anonymizes personal information when they are no longer relevant for the purpose for which they were collected.
Data obtained in connection with a survey is stored for the period necessary to complete the study and up to 6 months after the study has been completed, in case of any revision or objection from the customer.
Silverlining Research ApS also conducts long-term studies where it may be necessary to keep the data for several years to compare data over a long period.
Also, we may store data longer for statistical purposes and operational reasons, or specific legal obligations.
6. Your rights
According to the EU Data Protection Act, and the Danish Data Protection Act, you have several rights that you can rely on in connection with Silverlining Research ApS’s processing of personal data.
Your rights are:
- The right to access: You have the right to request access to the personal data that Silverlining Research ApS is processing about you, as well as additional information.
- The right to rectification: You have the right to have inaccurate personal data rectified, or completed if it is incomplete.
- The right to erasure: In certain circumstances, you have the right to have personal data about you deleted before the time of Silverlining Research ApS’s general deletion occurs.
- The right to restrict processing: In certain circumstances, you have the right to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data. If you are entitled to restrict the processing, Silverlining Research ApS may only process personal data – except storage – with your consent, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, or for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person, or reasons of important public interest.
- The right to object: In certain circumstances, you have the right to object to Silverlining Research ApS’s processing of your personal data.
- The right to data portability: In certain circumstances, you have the right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and you have the right to transmit this data to another controller without hindrance.
- The right to withdraw consent: Where the processing is based on consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact Silverlining Research ApS according to section 1. The withdrawn consent will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal.
You may also file a complaint to the national supervisory authority. The national supervisory authority responsible for Silverlining Research ApS is Datatilsynet (The Danish Data Protection Agency), Denmark.
You can read more about complaints on the Danish Data Protection Agency’s website at: